If you are looking for free java dictionary and thesaurus download for any mobile phone Collins English Dictionary is your best bet. With collins dictionary you can get everything you need from a dictionary. It has hundred of thousands of words and the good thing is that new vocabs are added to it everyday.
Collins free java dictionary works on most mobile phones platform like Android, Symbian Nokia phones, S40 Nokia Phones, iPhone, Blackberry, Belle you can name it
Collins Free Java Dictionary Features
- key expressions and example of usage in sentences
- Meanings of words (collins English dictionary for mobile phones gives you complete meanings of words you look-up in the dictionary)
- Wide range of idioms
- Opposite meaning of word
- Key synonyms and more
- Thesaurus of words
- Adjacent of words
- Synonyms of words
- Verb, noun and adverb
- Phonetic pronunciation of words / phonetic symbols
- It is available in many internationally recognize languages such as english, chinese, bulgarian, catalan, croatian, czech, japan, russian, spanish, swedish, polish, english, turkish, tai etc
Personally, I like collins english dictionary because its has a clear and simple design and also because it works very well on my Blackberry Bold 2 even more than the Dictionary.com app which now works as a shortcut which is quite annoying.
- Click on “Dictionaries”
- Next choose your language e.g English
- Then choose English – Dictionary Bundles
- Finally click and download Collins English Dictionary and Thesaurus 2011 Complete & Unabridged
Note: If you are downloading the free dictionary to a blackberry phone, after following the steps above you need to download the complete dictionary to your phone so that it can work even without BIS or data bundle.To download the whole dictionary and work offline,open the collins dict. and press options > download dictionary.